Ever get the feeling you're married to a child?

I just watched my DH and Dad get into a very childish argument (over how many roads run through the Smoky Mtn Nat'l Park). Had that been it, it would've been fine, but they wouldn't let it go. My dad went off in search of a map, and when he found one and brought it back, my DH flat out refused to look at it. They were both working on my Dad's roof (the argument took place on their break for lunch) and my Dad told DH he didn't "give a sh*t" if he helped him anymore, and my DH got in the car and left.

Anyone else have a husband (or father) that occasionally acts like a 5 year old?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 1:42 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• would be surprised if anyone said that their husband was not a child
    (i think if anyone did say their husband is always mature-they are lying)

my answer...yes
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:54 PM on May. 20, 2010

• they are all the same. They will never grow up, this is in there nature. I am sure they will work it out. just laugh!!
    Anonymous

• haha... Oh wow.!! that's funny.. lets see, when my son was learning to talk, he would say this phrase, uh, too high, everybody can reach it and my husband was telling him, No NOBODY can reach it, for about 3 months my son always said everybody and it was something small but made my husband stomp and say No buddy, NOBODY, I kept having to remind him that he's not even 2.. let it go!! Lol!! Now our son is 2-1/2 and starting the NO Phase, well, daddy says yes, max says no and they actually continue this until I chime in.. really??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Ummmm!
    Everyday....lol!
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 1:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

• oh yeah.
    Anonymous

• yes. Im reminded daily! SOOOO glad im not alone! haha
    But we love them!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:21 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Mine's a child in that he can't remember anything I tell him or bother to take care of himself. If he needs a meal rather than put something together, he'll open a can of Chef Boyardee or something - and eat it cold because he's too lazy to heat it. He leaves his clothes all over the house, doesn't rinse his dishes - half the time can't take them to the kitchen even - and if I tell him something about something I've got planned he can't remember or claims I never told him. It drives me nuts. Our 6yo can do more than DH can.
    Anonymous

• Aww, thankfully, no.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:55 PM on May. 20, 2010