What to say.... too skinny after baby?

I just recently had a baby, and I somehow was blessed enough to get my pre-pregnancy body back right away! But lately it isn't such a good thing to other parents, especially mothers. I get told that my son is no way mine since I'm so skinny or don't have the stretch marks to prove it! I know I shouldn't be complaining and just be happy that I still have a body, but it seems that it brings nothing but drama and rude remarks around! It also doesn't help that my son looks nothing like me. So I just need some witty come backs, that's all! Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just say "thank you" and walk away.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 1:48 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Does it really matter? Lots of people adopt and nobody looks down on them because they don't look like they gave birth to a child. I got the same type of comments after I had my first 3 kids because my body bounced right back after each one. Consider yourself lucky and just let it roll off your back!

Answer by missanc at 1:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• If ya got it flaunt it!!!! I wish I had that "problem"...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• tell them, Yeah, I am lucky.. Looks like you weren't as lucky huh.. .sorry...lol!! Ok so I'd never say that but still...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:55 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I'd say yes I am blessed! F them!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:58 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Call em out on their rude behavior. Say something like "Listen, I'm not criticizing you cuz you haven't lost your pregnancy weight, don't criticize me cuz I did!" Lucky!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:04 PM on May. 20, 2010

• they are just jealous, don't pay any attention :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:05 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I remember thinking this at a wedding I went to when my twins were 4 months old. A woman was there with her 5 week old, in a tiny black dress, and I thought that she had to be a nanny. Not only was she perfectly thin, but her baby didn't cry once the entire 4 hours we were there. I was SOOOO jealous.

I wouldn't say anything. It is rude to comment on someone's weight...period.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:30 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would start with going over board on the "Oh thank you!! Do you really think so?? I've tried so hard!! I really appreciate the compliments!!" then I would start rambling on about "all my secrets". Of course from there on out it would be all be on-the-spot improve, but who cares!! LOL!! Then tell them all about your daily routine.... of something hard to stick with! Like 45 minutes of aerobics twice a day, a low carb, no sugar, high fiber, high protein diet coupled with extra vitamin supplements... yada yada yada! And of course don't forget to add that it was all Doctor approved for you... but they should check with thier doctors to see what methods might work best for them!! They'll quickly get tired of hearing about it and should stop making comments about your weight!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:38 PM on May. 20, 2010

• lol my daughter looks NOTHING like us either. I have brown hair and hazel eyes. Her father has almost black hair and brown eyes, and my daughter has blonde hair and blue eyes. I also went right back down to size, and even smaller than I was before. People ask all the time, "Where'd the blonde hair come from?" And you can tell they're looking at me like, thats not your kid, or you cheated on that guy because there is no way that kid is his. BUT...I had blonde hair until I was 6.
    Anonymous