Have you ever had a hag dream? How often?

Hag or Old Hag Dream: difficulty breathing because of a perceived heavy invisible weight on his or her chest, and is unable to move. Its been five years since I had them. Very scary to ever have.

Twisted_Halo

Asked by Twisted_Halo at 1:47 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG. My dh had one long time ago. I hadn't met him yet. What exactly is it?
    Anonymous

• I've had them. If you're into the paranormal and such, there is a lot of people who will argue that those kinds of dream are actually astral projection aka out of body experiences. Here's something that explains it. You can also read some of Sylvia Browne's books. She talks a lot about that stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:55 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I had one of those the night after my dad died. I dreamt I was in a car accident. Very freaking scary!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I've had two. Both times I was dreaming that someone was breaking into my bedroom window, and I was practically paralyzed on my bed, unable to move or scream. It's been about 6 years since the last one, though.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:06 PM on May. 20, 2010

• A HAG dream??? LOL. I call them nightmares.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:11 PM on May. 20, 2010

• nope, thank goodness... i have had the falling dreams. those suck but better than not breathing!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:25 PM on May. 20, 2010

• thats called sleep paralysis and it happens in a state of sleep where your mind wakes up but your body remains asleep causing a hallucination. they are incredibly scary if you don't know what they are. i started having them when i was 16 and i did think it was something paranormal but i learned that it was only a hallucination so that when it does happen i'm not as frightened because i know it's not something trying to hurt me
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:48 PM on May. 20, 2010