How can I convince my boyfriend to get rid of our 2 cats?

1. we have a 5 month old son.

2. the cats get into everything

3. the cats are shut in the bathroom all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pets

• TELL HIM THEY RAN AWAY. i AGREE WITH YOU GET RID OF THEM!
    Anonymous

• The first reason is a lame excuse to get rid of the cats. People have babies all the time and still have pets. If the cats are getting into things that makes me think they are probably young and just need to be taught. Even if they are not young they can still be taught. There are many good training tools for cats if you just take the time to look.
    Anonymous

• That's so mean! My cat was great with my kids. my daughter used to sit next to him and force feed him cat food and put dish towels on his back. You can't just get rid of a pet because you don't want it anymore. They are part of your family. Why are they shut in the bathroom?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

• So you had them before you had a child, I assume since you have no connection to them they are HIS cats then. Animals just like kids, get in to everything! animal and child proof things better then. why are you shutting them in the bathroom all the time? No wonder they are in to everything when they get let out.. nice life for these poor cats...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:52 PM on May. 20, 2010

• PS I have 2 cats and have a 2-1/2 year old.. they are great with and for each other!
    maxsmom11807

• I would say for the animals sake get rid of them !! How would you like to be locked in a bathroom all day ??????
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 1:55 PM on May. 20, 2010

• ok here is the thing. i have 5 cats and 2 dogs and a 20 month old. do you hate the cats? because your baby is going to grow and things wont be as hard. just relax. if you love the cats then make room for them. it is not fair to have them locked up. so let them out and play with them, let your child love on them. cats are good animals. if they make a mess make your dh clean it. lol. it is not fair to put them off on someone else. they are yours. and you must have wanted them at some point. try out haivng them out, if it does not work then try and find them a good home. i feel bad for your cats. i wish i could take them!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:36 PM on May. 20, 2010

• What in the hell is wrong with people. You do know that animals are not disposable right? I find your selfishness to be cruel.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Tell him either they go or you go plain and simple!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on May. 21, 2010

• So when your son starts getting into everything can we assume that you will be looking for a new home for him too?

People have pets and children all the time. Its pure laziness to say you can't.

Take the cats out of the bathroom, read a book or two on animal care and start treating the cats as they deserve to be treated.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:58 AM on May. 21, 2010