Am I just lazy?

I sprained my foot on tuesday and the doctor told me to keep it elevated and stay off of it and its just painful. My husband is away working and wont be home till Sat. night, I have no help around the house and I am caring for our 2 girls by myself ages 22 mos and 4 mos old. The house is a mess, dishes piling up, laundry and toys all over the floor and i cant stand a messy house so I am trying to pick up as much as i can, last night a friend came over and told me i was lazy and using my sprained foot as an excuse for not cleaning. is she serious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's always so easy to judge when you're not the one with the injury.

She needs to mind her own business. Letting the housework pile up for a few days while you allow your foot to heal is way better than pushing through the pain to get the housework done and then doing MORE damage to yourself.

Your "friend" sounds rude.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would've told her that if she was a true friend she'd pitch in & help not criticize

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:01 PM on May. 20, 2010

• That's why I don't invite people over! lol my house isn't a mess I mean the comments! ppl are so rude thats why I only have 3 friends I can't stand people. lol
    Anonymous

• you hurt yourself and if you dont take care of it --- it wont get better it will get worse... if you had no reason and didnt like cleaning then yes that is lazy but that isnt your case... you have a real reason... are you sure this "friend" is really a friend?? doesnt seem like it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:37 PM on May. 20, 2010

• YOu are doing what the doctor TOLD you to do. Well, not even really since I know you are up and about taking care of your little ones. I would have said something not very nice back it if had been me. :0) Probably something along the lines of 'oh bite me.'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:42 PM on May. 20, 2010

Your "friend" sounds rude.

Some of you girls are so smart- This is worded perfectly!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:48 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I had the same thought as Nyx7, a real friend would sympathize and offer to help you out. I say rest as much as you can- dishes can wait since you surely have your hands full just keeping up with the little ones. And it doesn't help anyone if it takes your foot three times as long to heal properly.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

• well she sounds like she just didnt want to help orrrr if she has no kids she was just being judgemental! i have single friends and i dont hang out with them often or let them come over often cuz i already most single ppl can never understand the capability of a child making a mess. they assume we are just lazy or not watching the kid! but leave them with the child for accouple days and they would see! ugh, sorry to ramble i just hate when ppl without kids act like that! "f" her!
    innocentmyworld

Answer by innocentmyworld at 7:10 PM on May. 20, 2010