how do i tell my husband of 12 years that i want a divorce?

the reason for me wanting a divorce is because there is no love of my part for him anymore. he keeps doing stupid things that end up getting me in trouble where we live. i'm so stressed out, i'm not happy anymore, i snap at the kids for no reason. i have got to where i like going to work and dread coming home. if it wasn't for the kids i probably wouldn't. so how do i tell him and make him understand that our marriage is over?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• Be 100% honest with him.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• be honest with him the kids shoudn't be a reason to stay with him.

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 4:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• when my dd was 1.5 yrs old i got to this point and i told him that this was going to stop or i was leaving - he started to cry and he was like "i had no idea" - i think we al fall into an emotional rut every now and then and we need our partner to tell us to shape up or ship out - and hopefully (like in my case) its shape up - we have been perfect since

Answer by vakatia at 5:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Honey, I want a divorce...

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• just get the papers ready or talk to a lawyer before husband gives you the guilt trip. it's not worth it any more get a divorce!

Answer by hiddenpoet at 7:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I believe you have to earn your way out of a marriage..Are you giving it 100% Have you tried everything?? You have children to worry in my humble opinion I think that you need to go through any avenue possible before you 'draw' up the papers.