is it possible to slowcook a frozen roast?

did not take the roast out in time to defrost but have time to do in the slowcooker if the meat is frozen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always put mine in frozen... but you have to start it earler
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:13 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Definitely! I have never cooked a roast that was thawed, I always put them in the crock pot frozen. It just takes longer of course, and I don't put any potatoes or veggies in, just my seasonings & some liquid.
    Anonymous

• I have done this, but your slow cooking time is going to be MUCH longer. Usually I slow cook my roast on low for about 6 hours (thawed) then swtich to high for the last 2hrs when I put in my carrots and potatoes. When I have done it without it being thawed I usually have to cook the roast between 8-9hrs on low and then switch to high for the last two hours. Both ways it has come out right.
    Anonymous

• Yep. It just stakes longer. I put mine in frozen around 10 am and it's done by 530 for dinner. I like mine to fall apart though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:44 PM on May. 20, 2010

• oh wow, i never knew you could put it in frozen! cool
    Anonymous

• Yep, most of the time I put the meat in frozen with seasonings and such (around 9am or so) and then I don't add veggies until about 2, and then it is all ready by 5pm.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:12 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I have heard people doing this the night before when they want to have a roast in the afternoon...you can put anything in the crockpot frozen you just have to double the time for cooking
    Anonymous