My baby is almost 8 months old and...

Not crawling yet! Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Everyone keeps saying "I bet she's getting into everything!" and it makes me feel kinda bad.

She doesn't push herself up to sit up on her own either but she does sit independently.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's fine. They are all different. Don't listen to people and enjoy the time you have until you have to put everything out of reach.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on May. 20, 2010

• She is fine. I wouldnt worry,,,,
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:22 PM on May. 20, 2010

• theyy do things in there own time...dont worry about it, as long as you are giving her tummy time and trying to help her out dont worry about my my dd was almost 10 months before she started crawling..and just turned 1 before she started walking :) Dont stress yourself about it she will do it when she is ready!
    Anonymous

• I WOULD ASK YOUR DOCTOR. EVERY CHILD DOES THINGS IN HIS OR HER OWN PACE. WHAT I DID WITH MY DAUGHTER IS I WOULD GET ON THE FLOOR WITH HER AND PRACTICE. SHE DID GET THEN HANG OF IT, WILL SHE STAND IF YOU HOLD HER HANDS?
    Anonymous

• every baby is different. i would enjoy this time you have before the baby is into everything. I had a very advanced baby and it was hard. He crawled by 6 months and was independantly walking by 9 months. He was still so little and didnt understand danger or the word "no" yet completely so he got hurt so much and i stayed a nervous wreck.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:25 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would talk to her dr. Her pediatrician will examine her leg muscles and make sure she is developing correctly physically. She most likely is fine, some babies crawl late. The only thing that raises a bit of a red flag for me is that she isn't pushing up to sitting either.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:26 PM on May. 20, 2010

• She's fine. My niece didn't start crawling until she was 8 months old, she started walking by the time she was 9 months.
    Nightmarechick

Answer by Nightmarechick at 2:32 PM on May. 20, 2010

• The average crawling age is nine months. I have 3 friends whos kids thurn 9 months this months and none are crawling. Its normal. The ranger for learning to crawl is huge. Like 5 to 13 months or something like that. 9 is the average. Some kids dont crawl at all. Its not a developmental milestone anymore. I wouldnt be worried a bit. And as for the getting into a sit. My son didnt do that till he was crawling well. He could sit unassisted well at 5 months but couldnt get himself into a sit until 6.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:45 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Some babies skip crawling all together and just start walking =)

KatieRose65

Answer by KatieRose65 at 3:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree with katierose65.... so I wouldnt worry about it
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 6:18 PM on May. 20, 2010