What do you do with your old baby stuff?

I have a ton of stuff to get rid of, mostly little girl clothes, monitor, stroller, that kind of stuff and I dont know what to do with it. Its worth real money so I dont want to donate it, but I want it gone! We live in the middle of nowhere so a garage sale is pretty much out and no one is replying on craigslist. What do you do with it all?

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 2:33 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Check others' prices. If yours are higher, drop them. They are not even worth a quarter of what you paid.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:35 PM on May. 20, 2010

• i kept all of my stuff from my first born and i've used it on my second child.. but since we're not planning on having any more kids i'll give a way some stuff for anyone who is having a baby shower. of course i'll get them something new too lol..i just want to push all my old stuff on them so i don't have to keep it LOL!
    if not that i'd give it to Goodwill or someone in my family who is having a baby. no use in wasting it, and it's probably not worth the amount you paid for it anyways..UNLESS IT'S A STROLLER OR NEW CRIB in that case i'd sell it to Once Upon a Child.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 2:36 PM on May. 20, 2010

• i usually give my stuff away, and then get pregnant again! have you tried selling at a mom2 mom sale? it should be easier than a garage sale.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:36 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I have a HUGE box of almost brand new clothes, high end names listed for $50. Some still have tags and were never worn. I dropped the price from $75. People are selling 8pc lots for like $20 so I dont get it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:37 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I dont even know what a mom2mom sale is...? And I do have a brand new stroller in there too. Like its assembled but has never been used, not once. I asked $50 but no takers. I should just take it back to the store but its an hour away!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:39 PM on May. 20, 2010

• throw the broken/nasty stuff away, give things away to friends with babies & the rest goes to goodwill.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:39 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Twice a year, I take my best stuff to a HUGE kids consignment sale that is about 2 hours from my house. It is SO worth the drive though!! I get great prices for my stuff there!! For what I can't sell, I drop off at collection boxes, or at thrift stores. If you want to just donate them, and there are no places for you to do that (like salvation army?) call your local churches and ask if any of them have a clothing bank that you can donate to.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:41 PM on May. 20, 2010

• People are selling 8pc lots for like $20 so I dont get it.

How well your ad is written, and the quality of pictures will make ALL the difference in the world. I used to do ebay all the time, and a well written ad with really good pictures will bring twice the price of a shabby ad for the exact same item.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:43 PM on May. 20, 2010

• The pictures look good I think. I used to do photography at work so theyre not totally crappy. Some are from the companies' websites. Ive priced them at less than $1 a piece and the Lily Pulitzer dresses alone were $60 each so... yeah...
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:49 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I'm going to agree with the ad. I have had to re-do ads several times before I got a hit. Don't just say you have a huge box of clothes and put up a few pictures.

You need to spell out EXACTLY what is in the "huge box" and what size it is. If you can't get someone to take all of them, then break them into smaller lots.

I couldn't sell my like new Eddie Bauer swing, or a super nice pack and play so I took it to a kids consignment store and got EXACTLY what I was asking for it in the ad on the spot.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:01 PM on May. 20, 2010