Any other moms have opposite schedules as the SO?

So my SO works 7am-7pm... I work 7:30pm -3am.... then I have to get up at 6 with my son, I am SOOOO tired all the time, I don't know how long I'm going to beable to do this.... I don't drink coffee (it makes my anxiety act up) and I can't take naps once I'm up for some reason... How do you ladies do it? I guess I just have to suck it up huh?!!?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 2:47 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know or hear of a lot of families doing this, my husband and I work somewhat different shifts - he leaves the house at midnight and comes home at noon - I leave at 7:30 and come home at 5:30 but we have to bring our son to daycare because of that in between gap anyway so he gets to sleep until we come up and I do all the getting up at night and in the am with our son, even on the weekends however that part is my choice. lol! but I don't know how you'd be able to keep that up mommy../
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

• We did for about a year and I HATED it! Hopefully a vacation oppertunity will come up or your parents/in laws can take the kids over the weekend for you to rest up.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Hey! At least you have a JOB!

DH works M-F 9a-5:30p. I work Th-Su 3p-11p (With some extra OT these past few weeks, b/c we're short-handed). So normally, DD spends 2 days a week at daycare (and one day at G'ma/pa's so I can have a day to get stuff done). We make do with what we've got.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:01 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes, I work the normal 9-5 and DH works from 12-8. It is a major pain in the ass. I feel like I am a 24/hr parent sometimes because he is either sleeping or working and even on his nights off I rarely get a break. It's very rough on a family.

I hope you are able to get some sleep soon.
    Wendums71

Answer by Wendums71 at 3:05 PM on May. 20, 2010

• OP here, ya My SO helps more then he did but I still do everything, this week I haven't cleaned cuz I'm too tired and I told my SO tough lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• He works 12-8am and i work 3-10most nights
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 3:21 PM on May. 20, 2010

• yep this way we don't pay daycare. He works Mon-Friday 7:30 am till4:30 pm. I work weekends and tues, Thursday and Friday nights.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:02 PM on May. 20, 2010

• We do this to avoid daycare. DH works 6:00am - 2:30pm, sometime 2:00am - 2:30pm. I only work part-time, so my hours are 4:00pm - 10:00pm. We don't see much of each other. I'm a night owl, so I'm usually up until 2:00am. Sometimes I catch a nap while DD is in preschool. I'll miss my naps when she's out for the summer.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 8:47 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I feel for you! I work 10pm - 6am. My SO works 7am -lately 8pm. so we never see each other. He is never there to help with the house work or kids. Our kids go to bed at 9pm or so.. so his life is CAKE! lol so OP i really do feel your pain!
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 3:10 AM on May. 21, 2010