5 MONTHS PREGNANT LOSING A LOT OF WEIGHT???

When I found out i was pregnant at 2 months I was 154 pounds at the moment I am 5 months and I have 145 pounds I don't understand why my doctor says its fine but am just worry and Idont get hungry that much, I will forget to eat because i just dont eat dont want to had this happened to someone ?? What can I do to get more apettite ... some advice pleaseee!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it is not uncommon to lose weight, especially in the first few months. It took me to 6 mos to be up even a lb, and I only gained 11 overall
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I lost 10 lbs my first few months too... but I was 123 when I got pregnant! Mine was from morning sickness and I was told to smoke pot because it builds an appetite and actually hasn't had any effect on babies in studies from moms who are heavy smokers! The most severe cases they say the baby developed ADHD at 12 years of age......
    But, a lot of women with a higher weight tend to loose extra weight and the baby still does great. Every women has a different pregnancy and I would just eat when I was hungry! Follow basic pregnancy instructions but try not to worry about weight gain because you might not gain those 25 lbs and won't have to worry about baby weight falling off in the end!
    Anonymous

• A friend of mine who was pretty heavy when she got pregnant actually lost weight during her pregnancy because the Dr. ordered her to eat right. The baby was growing fine, but while the baby was growing, she was losing fat. She walked very day & ate very well, but the big kicker....no more beer! She lost like 20 lbs from her pregnancy & gave birth to an 8 lb. baby. She was supervised the whole time & the Dr. said it was a good thing she was losing weight as long as the baby was growing fine, which she was. Hope this helps.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• When I got pregnant I weighed 160 now I weigh 149... However the baby is growing fine.
    Anonymous

• I'm 32 weeks and have only gained 4 lbs - at today's ultrasound the baby was measured at 4 lbs 12 oz so she's growing fine but I'm evidently "losing" weight. I'm not a big person to begin with - 125 lbs pre pregnancy but my drs aren't concerned.

Answer by missanc at 3:30 PM on May. 20, 2010