Should I break up with him? Or just take a break?

I am having problems with my boyfriend of three years. I have 4 children and the 2 younger ones are his but not the older two. and i recently got a job as a receptionist only 2 blocks away from my house,and so he is the stay at home dad and my 2 older kids just got out of school for thier summer breaks and this mornig when i was getting ready for work he told me to find the 2 older ones a sitter because he wasn't responsible for them. but when we first got together he knew that I had 2 kids before, he had no problem with it and told me he liked me so much that he'll help me no matter what. He even threatened to leave me because i am not at home during the day, but hello i'm making $$ but no instead he complains about that and on top of that he doens't even clean up after him self or the kids so when I get home my house is a mess. I asked him what he does all day and he gets mad. what to do???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't stay with a man like that. If you have to do it all and pay a sitter then what do you have him for? He's not being respectful of you, your family or your relationship. You do what's right for you but I'd be telling him to find someone else to mooch off of

Answer by admckenzie at 3:02 PM on May. 20, 2010

• sit him down & talk to him. let him know that YOU are the one working & providing income, & if he wants to complain, he better get a job or get the hell out.
    Anonymous

• I would talk to him first then if nothing changes i would leave. Just let him know how you really feel
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 3:08 PM on May. 20, 2010

• If he's not willing to help with your two other kids then what type of future could the two of you possibly have together? The other two will always feel his vibes and that's not good for the kids....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• If he doesnt accept ALL of your kids, why would you want him? Youre a package deal. He cant pick and choose who is in your family.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:11 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Well talk to him tell him how you feel. If you are really going to be togther he needs to accept your other kids too. I mean why can't he watch them he is home all day...I would probably try a break and see if he changes his tune and consider breaking up. So he expects you to pay child care which will take money away from what you make? I am sorry he sounds like a jerk!
    Anonymous

• why the big change? you say he knew you had 2 kids already so why is he acting this way? work on it if you can and if not "you can do bad all by yourself"....
    Anonymous

• i guess then you don't need to be responsible for the roof over his head or the food in his mouth... what a selfish prick! i guess it's usually the right thing to do to sit down and talk like adults and figure out what's really going on. i probably shouldn't answer relationship questions while i'm pissed at the hubby lol
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:45 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would ask him why he said he would take care of your older kids when he knew you were a package deal? and when you come home tired what has he done all day and why is he getting mad about if you were home and he was working you would have to take care of all the kids. I would also take stock of where this relationship is going and figure out before it is too late if it is worth keeping. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:28 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Time to get rid of this guy.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:36 PM on May. 20, 2010