How to spread the word about foster adoptions?!?

So, this really is not so much a question, but a statement. I am the lucky mother of 2 little girls adopted from the foster care system. I am a huge advocate not only of adoption, but of FOSTER CARE adoptions and FOSTER CARE itself...
I have started a blog to share with you my cute family, and all things pertaining to adoption, foster care, and infertility. Please feel free to follow and check it out!

jointhelarksnest.blogspot.com

adoptivemommy24

Asked by adoptivemommy24 at 3:11 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Adoption

• I am going to go check it out. I cannont have any more children but would of loved to. I have often wondered about adoption through the foster system but I have heard nothing but negative things about it. I am curious to see what you have to say. Thanks for posting this!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:15 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Just read your blog & it's an amazing testimony for opening your heart and home to children who need it. Whether they need us temporarily or permanently, they need us. If your blog doesn't inspire people to look into foster care, I don't know what will. Thanks for posting this! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I'm like CaseyErin - I've heard mostly negative things about the kinds of things FPs deal with (the system). I've known people who had bad experiences, even though I know it is a very rewarding experience. I'm at the point where I'd be willing to do a fost-adopt if my DH was willing, but he feels like our family is complete (mainly b/c of his age of 52).

I think it's a great idea to share some of the positives, since that's not what we usually hear.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 6:04 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I have adopted through the foster care system!!! my DD is 2 now and she has been with us since 6mos...
    though it was a heartbreaking journey i would not have changed a thing!!! my DD means the world to me and i would love to be able to adopt again through the foster care system!!
    Anonymous

• I also adopted from foster care. My oldest, we did foster care and brought him home from the hospital as a newborn. It was a roller coaster before we got to adopt him, but I would do it all over again for him! Our second was straight adoptions and we got him at 9 mo old. My boys are my life and I know they were meant for our family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I adopted 3 daughters at ages 5, 6 & 7. It was great. They do have their problems from past history but overall are wonderful adults today. We are currently foster parents but have none placed with us however, we are raising 3 grandchildren of which 1 came from foster care. It's been a ride and one that I would encourage anyone to do.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:45 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I believe Dennis Rainey has an adoption program that helps put it out there (the info) in churches/ If we could get this done, and one family from every church would step up, it would greatly fill in the gap.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:25 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Just the thing I am looking for. I am starting the process of extended research and thought about being a fost-to-adopt parent in years to come! Thank you.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:32 PM on May. 21, 2010