How much do you really know about foster care?

So, this really is not so much a question, but a statement. I am the lucky mother of 2 little girls adopted from the foster care system. I am a huge advocate not only of adoption, but of FOSTER CARE adoptions and FOSTER CARE itself...
This month is National Foster Care Month!!
I have started a blog to share with you my cute family, and all things pertaining to adoption, foster care, and infertility. Please feel free to follow and check it out!

jointhelarksnest.blogspot.com

I really want to help spread the word about these kiddos waiting....

adoptivemommy24

Asked by adoptivemommy24 at 3:15 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know a shit load about foster care. My parents fostered when I was growing up, housing about 25 kids over a 10 year period. They adopted 2 kids out of foster care. Adopted 1 kid before fostering or having kids. Gave birth to 2 kids. As long as there is breath in my body and my fingers can type, I will advocate against mixing foster kids with bio kids. However, mixing adoption with bio kids is fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:44 PM on May. 20, 2010

• One of the things few people know about adoption and foster care is that the state officials who help place children (judges, DAs, and court officials) are ELECTED! When you vote this November, go down to the end of your ballot and vote for these officials. Make sure you know their stance on ensuring safe and healthy families for children. Even if you aren't a foster care or adoptive family, you can help support a system that ensures the best care for children who really need an advocate.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:45 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I don't know much about it. But I am helping out a new foster mom who had 9 hours notice that she was getting 2 little ones the other day - her own children are older, so she had NOTIHNG - I'm giving her some clothes and diapers, and letting her know that if she has them long-term to hit me up for more clothes.
    Anonymous