what do you think of getting your husbands name tattooed on you?

i want to get my husbands name tatooed on my ring finger. i have other tats and keep them all where they are easily hidden yet i can show them when apropriate. (ie i have a tribal band and butterfly on my ankle, usually any ankle sock is tall enough to hide it) but ne ways my friends are objecting to me wanting to do this. it would be small and it would be hidden by my rings. what do you think? my friend says it is a curse to do this..is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't do it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:31 PM on May. 20, 2010

• ppl say its a "curse" but if you have a strong relationship than you can make it thru anything! including a tatoo =P (You can always get it redone w// a cover up if something happens)
    Anonymous

• I got a flip script tattoo... my husbands name when you look at it right side up and my name when you look at it upside down.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:31 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Bad idea. Kids names are fine. Husbands or boyfriends names...bad idea. Bad bad bad. I don't care how committed you think you are it's still a bad idea.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:32 PM on May. 20, 2010

• btw... I don't find it as a curse at all, a tattoo cant make your relationship bad, your relationship is as strong as you make it.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:33 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I do not care how long I stay with my DH. I will never put/tattoo a mans name on me. Or any one elses name either.

Answer by louise2 at 3:33 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I will never tattoo my hubby's name on me. You just never know what could happen. Thing if something did and you can't stand each other. You have this name tattoo to you for every. I have know people that have tattooed there SO on them and it ended badly. And know have to look at this all the time.

Anonymous

• i used to always say i would never ever tat a guys name on me...but my husband is the greatest...and always has been....an i agree with the pp who said a tat doesnt make the relationship bad. i duno i went today to get it done...and the shop said it couldnt be done. his name is carlos....so it isnt a long name...and it would be small. but they said it wouldnt fit on my finger... :(
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do it ...for many reasons.
    Anonymous

• My personal name rule with tattoos is children only. I'm crazy about my husband and he is truly the partner God intended me to be with for all eternity. Still, not doing it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:41 PM on May. 20, 2010