Do you let your kids decorate their own rooms?

I mean choosing the decorations, not climbing the ladder to hang the curtains or anything. We let Ki have total run of it all, dora curtains, tink blanket and sheets, princess plaque, pooh pictures, plus all the helium balloons from a recent hospital stay have been let out of air and taped on the walls along with drawing she and her aunt and cousin did. I was just wondering if anyone else gave their kid total control on how their room is done. I know my mother didn't, I didn't get to decorate anything until I moved out into my first apartment with my best friend at age 18.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 3:31 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My kids are only 3 years old and 9 months old...so no, not yet. Lol.

When they're older I totally will though. I think it's good to embrace a child's creativity and letting them decorate their room is a great way to let them express themselves creatively.
    It's also a great way to let them personalize their "space".
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:41 PM on May. 20, 2010

• We did.. Though we had a professional do the painting, she designed it.. Purple walls with a gothic-alice in wonderland kind of theme.. It's different but totally her and she loves it..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 3:36 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No I never did. I did not think it was a necessary thing to do.

Answer by louise2 at 3:43 PM on May. 20, 2010

• yes I did my 5 year old wanted Hannah Montana. My 2 year old we haven't redecorated her room yet. As a baby it was and still is in whinny the pooh a little like the wall decorations are, but she has our old bedding. I asked her if she wanted Dora since she loves Dora she says no Hannah Tana lol I think it is because her sister loves her so much so we might just go ahead and do her room in Dora or let her pick Hannah Montana not sure yet.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:44 PM on May. 20, 2010

• i did
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:13 PM on May. 20, 2010

• We had them each choose a theme and hired a muralist to do their rooms. I found bedding and accessories to match. We ended up getting really into it, so their rooms are pretty elaborate and very cool. They love them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:06 PM on May. 20, 2010