WTF?!

So my so called friend owes me money for babysitting her son. She told me she would pay me a week ago while we were at Chuck E Cheese celebrating her DD bday. Well I never got the money. So today I see her post on Facebook talking about " Hi my name is ______ and im a shopaholic." UGH did I miss something here? How are you shopping so much and still owe me money?

My question is should I ask her for the money which I can really use right now? I am in the middle of going to school and have to pay a babysitter for my own children.
Im posting this in relationships because she is supposed to be my friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Yea, ask her.
    Anonymous

• if she owes you then she needs to pay! by all means ask for it or when she will be able to pay
    Anonymous

• Remind her that she owes you money..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 3:34 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes. Just say 'I really need the money. Can you pay me by Friday?'
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:34 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would tell her..."Sorry for the short notice, but a big bill just came due and I need that money you owe me".

That way she knows you need it and it will be more pressing for her.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:38 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You guys are right I should ask but I forgot to say one thing she and her fam has been staying in a hotel because they couldnt afford the house they were in thats why I really wasnt trying to bug her but hell Im having hard times too as well as most people. So that made me hold back from asking. But she shouldn't be shopping like that if she cant afford a stable place to live. I kept her son for cheap to help her out but she started getting backed up on what she owed me.
    Anonymous

• Yes if she is your freind she will pay you and just cause she posted that doesnt mean she is shopping or was shopping.
    Anonymous

• i'd comment on her FB post in a joking manner.
    "hey shopaholic, you owe me money for babysitting! lol"
    Anonymous

• YES, ask her! I like what Anon 2:40 said too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:47 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Good advice so far, I'd like to add, tell her if she can't afford to pay you back all at once that you need her to pay you back a specific amount every week until its paid off. Gently remind her that you are having a hard time too. GL! This is why I don't lend $$$ to friends, it always gets in the way.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:50 PM on May. 20, 2010