Can a test give a false neg when almost a week late??

My period is 5 days late, but both tests said no. (Both with morning urine, also I'm never let and no more stress then usual) my husband and I have sex most of the time protected (condoms or with a spirm killer) but we have had it a few times with out (pull out method) I've had bad head aches, my boobs itch, and feel tender, discharge (no infection or std), light headed, and heat flashes (those suck lol) also feel a little nauseas here and there. I'm just curious if maybe it could be to early to detect (we are pretty sexually active so I couldn't give you a day I think it could have happened) with my first I a day or two after my mia period and it was +. I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is possible. Was the test old? Get a clear blue. They can detct the earliest in my experience.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:46 PM on May. 20, 2010

• yes ! it can i got a false neg. and when i went tothe dr it was positive and now my son is 3 yrs.. but wait a couple more weeks
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 3:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• It can but if you are a week late chances aren't that high that you would be pregnant. Call your doctor for a blood test to make sure!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Home tests can always be incorrect. Blood test. And be aware that stress of trying to get pregnant can alter your cycle.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:15 AM on May. 21, 2010