does anyone have two children that are dd in some way?

i have a child who is going to be four in june he has pdd. and i have a two year old that doesnt talk. and i was wondering if anyone has this type of situation in some way.

greenegurls

Asked by greenegurls at 3:52 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Health

• my son is 3 and he didnt talk and now out of nowhere he just started talkiing however he doesnt talk alot of words i even took him to the dr to make sure hedidnt have anything wrong and everything came out fine his dr. said some kids are lazier than others . especially boys my daughter however is 1 and she says a lot of words. i also had a cousin that didnt talk until he was 5 yrs and he started talking out of nowhere really clear. because his dr said there was nothing wron with him either
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 3:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes, my oldest is ASD (and had some development issues) my 2nd had developmental delays in speech occupational and physical, and my 3rd had speech delay.
    Anonymous

• Both of my kids have PDD NOS. My oldest is 8 and started ST at 2. We did not really know there was a problem until 4. My son was born when she was 3. So I was very watchful for any signs. By 18 months I was worried when he stopped talking at just screamed. He was evaluated at 21 months and diagnosed with Regulatory Dysfunction. Then PDD NOS at 3. He is doing very good now and no one outside of our home would know he is on the spectrum. My oldest gets a lot of support in school. Get your youngest tested.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 6:37 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My oldest has autism, my 2nd was diagnosed with autism when he was 2 but now at 10 doesn't test anywhere on the spectrum, my 3rd was diagnosed with a speech delay when she was 18 months but was above the charts by the time she was 3. Many of my friends who have a child on the spectrum, end up with more than one on the spectrum. Is it because we notice it more than other people? Maybe, but I also think there is a strong genetic component thrown in there. I've read before if you have a child with autism, then your chances of having a 2nd or 3rd are very high.

Answer by missanc at 7:47 PM on May. 20, 2010