I'm due the day after tomorrow, but NO signs of labor...Your opinions please?

My last OB appt is tomorrow and I have no signs of going into labor on my own AT ALL! This is my second pregnancy and with my son, I went into labor on my own about 4 days prior to my due date. Through out this pregnancy I've always been anti-induction, but now I'm wondering if I should change my mind. What are your thoughts and experiences? I know inductions brings on risks, but so does going past your due date.

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 3:56 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should wait and see but don't go 10-14 days past your due date.
    Anonymous

• As long as you and baby are handling things fine, going up to 42 weeks is perfectly safe. They will probably have you do a stress test if you go over though. Just talk to your doctor tomorrow about your concerns and see what he/she says.
    flubbly

Answer by flubbly at 4:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I went into labor 2 days after my due date..on my own.

DD's can be off by 2 weeks. Wait it out. After 14 days, you can see if your placenta is deteriorating or if your fluid is low. And decide then. If not, you actually can go a few more days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:01 PM on May. 20, 2010

• every pregnancy is different your due date is the day after tommorow doesnt mean your going to have your baby that day or always before your due date.it could be 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after your due date it .
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Most doctors will not let you go 7 days over your due date.
    I had this experience with my last. (I went into labor on my due date with my DD) My son's cord was wrapped so tightly around his neck and shoulders so his wasnt pushing down (which causes you to dialate). Every time I contracted his heart beat dropped then it dropped and didnt come back up. I ended up in emergency C with him.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Both my kids went past my due date. Right before I was oging to talk to my doctor about being induced with my first, I went into labor on my own. With my second, I had no real signs beyond false labor contractions with don't count IMO, of going into labor on my own. I finally had to be induced. See what your OB says. When I talked to mine about inducing with my second, he said of course there are risks but today, induced labors are easier to control and neither of us liked the thought of going too far over the due date.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different...
    my first was 2 weeks late
    2nd came on his due date
    3rd was 1 week late
    4th TBA he's due june 30th
    I quickly learned it was the baby's decision when to come, they werent gonna let me have a hand in the decision making lol
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Maybe talk to your dr. and ask what he/she thinks. Everything comes w/ risks, but maybe baby just isn't ready yet. You already have a child at home, so I'm sure you know that kids can take their sweet old time doing things. lol. Who knows, maybe tomorrow you could go into labor, it's all on babies time now. lol. Induction has its pros and cons too. My sis had a great and relativly short induction. Mine took a bit longer to dialate when I was induced. Everyone is different. Wish you the best of luck!!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2010

• i was just looking at my 11 week ultrasound, this is where they got the due date from, it said 4 days. so maybe your due date is in a few days?
    also, i was always told to think of a due month rather than a due date...this counts for normal gestation to be between 38 and 42 weeks, and then you don't have all that pressure when the "due date" comes and goes.
    hang in there mama!!!!
    you don't have to induce! your baby will know when to come!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:06 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Induction is also more painful...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:08 PM on May. 20, 2010