Need advice on shaving my downstairs...

My man loves a bare vagina and I always tend to get ingrowns when I shave. I need help. What is the best way to do it without the irritation and ingrowns. I don't want to have to wax.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• http://www.skinbiology.com/ingrownhairs.html

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4EGLC_enUS317US316&q=avoiding+ingrown+hairs+while+shaving

maybe these websites can help?
    Anonymous

• i use alot of shaving cream and use a razor that has the soap bar around the blades i forgot what its called ...
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 4:05 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Try using an electric razor. They make the ones just for bikini lines and they are water proof. Using an electric razor is the only way I don't end up with bumps..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:12 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I use Nair(or equivalent)
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:16 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I always wax now and it prevents the ingrowns, but at the spa I go to they sell a product called Tend Skin to put on after you shave which is designed to prevent razor burn and ingrown hairs.

Answer by missanc at 7:28 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I wax as well. Takes longer to grow back, and doesn't itch near as much. However, it does hurt! I'm prescribed Vicodin for my neck, and I find it best to take an extra one before I start ripping out hair....
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:05 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I wax too. It is the only thing that I can do that prevents ingrown hairs. I just recommend not doing it yourself!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:01 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Why don't you try the Skin So Soft Hair Removal Cream for Bikini Line. I love the hair removal creams from Avon. It is actually on sale for $3.99 this week too. www.youravon.com/dhullum if you decide to try it use promotional code FSANY for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:52 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Coochy cream works good for shaving. I wax but I have used it in the past and it worked great. Make sure you shave that area last in the shower, once your skin is warm and soft from the warm shower water. Also when you get out, pat to dry and you can also put some hydrocortisone cream on to keep red bumps and redness away. Always use a fresh razor and never press down hard. Pull your skin tight with one hand while shaving with the other. Find the direction the hair grows and go against it. Exfoliate the area first, it will help loosen dead skin and prep the area for a better shave.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:47 PM on May. 23, 2010

• My advice, DON'T. The area is designed to have hair. If you man likes it shaved, maybe he has a thing for pre-pubescent girls...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 24, 2010