Maybe a stupid question

So I know you ladies are not doctors, but I know some of you do know some about this kind of thing. I am not supposed to start my P for a little over a week. Last night I had some light pinkish spotting and today it was a dark reddish brown color. I don't think it is my P cause I don't have the usual cramps and it is early, but I don't know what it could be. Any ideas? If it is my P why would it be early and why would I not be having the usual cramps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Health

• Just relax, wait a week and then see how things things are. You will be fine for a week. Breathe in and out, try to do some calming things and if you drink a glass of wine.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:37 PM on May. 20, 2010

• It's possible that you don't have cramps because of a change in your diet. Iron and caffine intake can supposedly effect your cycle. I'm not sure how true it is, but that's what I've heard.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 4:27 PM on May. 20, 2010

• your body they say changes ever 7 years, meaning your cycle changes. I can be a period and even though you don't have cramps it still can be. When I get mine I never had cramps. Then I had my daughter (6 1/2 years ago), I got cramps. Now, it's a hit or miss on the cramps. But, a week before my breasts hurt like Hell!!
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 4:34 PM on May. 20, 2010

This is true
    Also being more or less active can cause early/late cycles heavier/lighter cycles.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:35 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Google Perimenapause GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:46 PM on May. 20, 2010

• OP here: I can't think of anything I've changed in my diet. I'm only 20 so I don't think it is the Peri menopause. I have had a lung infection the last few weeks that has knocked me on my ass, so definitely not as active the last 3 weeks. lol That may be it. I'm still not actually bleeding though just spotting. Thanks for all the help by the way. I'm just so confused cause even after having my son my cycles have been like clock work. every 28 days cramping, heavy bleeding then lighter and they last 4-5 days max. Never have they changed except when I was preggo and when I miscarried.
    Anonymous

• it could be a pregnancy symptom.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:49 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Are you on the pill? The birth controll I am on makes me have really light periods. And the last one was a week early and I just spotted and that was it. But no explaination for it. Could be cause from stress or pregnancy as well.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 9:07 PM on May. 20, 2010