I am almost 6 weeks postpartum, and believed I started my period.

I believe I started my period, now I am soon to be 6 weeks postpartum. I would like to use tampons but am unsure if that is a good idea. Please give any advice you can. Thank you (:

aprilmomm

Asked by aprilmomm at 4:36 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should be ok but it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor or just use the dredded pads until you can ask at your six week post exam. Congrats on the baby!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:33 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I think they don't want you to use tampons because they can go through your cervix if it hasn't shrunk down yet. Make sure to get your exam first to make sure it's closed before you use tampons. I know, it's tempting, but the last thing you want is a tampon in your uterus. lol
    Anonymous

• I would stick with pads til you go to your post partum exam just in case, besides tampons probably won't be comfy anyway yet.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:01 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I started mine at 6 weeks postpartum and I thought I was having surgery complications from my c-section because I couldn't even fathom the possibility that it was my period... I was still nursing around the clock. Sure enough, it was my period. I would not use tampons until doc gives the okay.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:14 PM on May. 20, 2010