Does anyone know where I can look for scholarships or grants for single mothers going to school?

I have been looking online for grants and things heard there was alot to choose from I'm not sure if I am looking in the right area I havn't really found anything! Can anyone help me out? Thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on May. 20, 2010 in

• http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4EGLC_enUS317US316&q=scholarships+for+single+mothers&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=scholarships+for+si&gs_rfai=

I did a google search maybe this can help?
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 4:49 PM on May. 20, 2010

• go to your local dhs and tell them what you are looking for, they should be able to help you and probably get you and application.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

• make sure you complete the FASA application for the college you are going to. Also look on thier website at thier finicial aid area, my college as a specific website i can fill out 1 appilication and just submit the required essays for many of the LOCAL scholarships in my area. I have already won 3 differrent scholarships from local companies totaling almost $2,000.00 The college should also have some sort of list. Its easier to win scholarships from local businesses.

But most women can get Federal Grants and have almost all of thier schooling and EXTRA paid for. Please Please look at your school and then talk to a finicaial aid advisor.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 5:27 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Start with the financial aid office of your university.

you can start your search here: http://www.fastweb.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 7:46 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree to begin at the school you want to attend. They have lots of resources available but I'd also go to www.fafsa.ed.gov

Answer by admckenzie at 1:25 PM on May. 26, 2010