I'm I being overly paranoid?

I just had a baby recently, and since I have, i've been kicking the cat out of any room with anything that has baby stuff in it. (I have a small house, so the his bathtub and carseat are in the normal bedroom and everything else is in his room-the nursery). I'd like to be in the living room more with my baby(which is where the cat is most of the time). I feel bad for kicking the cat out all the time..it's not fair for us to kick him out all the time..we are suppose to take care and love our cat..right?
I guess i'm just really worried about to much cat hair getting on everything. I hardly pet the cat anymore because i get so much cat hair on me (no he isn't long haired). I don't even pet my dogs much, I feel so bad about not paying attention to them, but i don't want my child to get any weird diese from me touching the cat or by having to much cat hair around..advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pets

• Keep a lint roller and hand sanitizer on hand all of the time.

It's not the cat hair that's the problem it's their poop. So make sure the littler box is clean, inaccessible to the baby and wash your hands a lot.

A good friend of mine has two kids and another on the way and she has LOTS of pets and her house is pretty disgusting. Her kids are fine.
    If your house is clean and you are clean then I wouldn't worry too much.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:46 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I think your not being overlyparanoid i would do that too with my 2 kiddos. i think you are being an excellent mom
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 4:46 PM on May. 20, 2010

• The kid won't get any weird disease from the cat if the cat doesn't have any weird diseases! That's just silly. Love your cat, for goodness sake and BRUSH HIM! If you give him a bath (take him to a groomer if you have to) and give him a good brushing, you'll notice that for months, the amount of fur that comes off will be far less.
    Anonymous

• you should take some time to love on your animals a little. maybe when the baby is sleeping play with your dog and pet your cat some. they are still yours and still need attention. just make sure you wash your hands after you pet them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:49 PM on May. 20, 2010