My daughter will only sleep on her boppy pillow! We need to get her in her crib! Help?

We made the mistake of letting her sleep on her boppy pillow in our bed, and now we can not get her to sleep in her crib, or even in the pack n play beside our bed. I just really think it would be better for all of us if she was in her crib and not in her bed. Any ideas?

lmcmast1

Asked by lmcmast1 at 4:46 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will just have to start putting her in there every time she sleeps at night or naps. She might cry the first few days and the nights may be long ones for you but just calm her down how ever you like and then put her back into bed. I don't personally like the cry it out method but I know some people swear by it. Eventually she will get used to her bed and the problem will be solved! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:27 PM on May. 20, 2010

• try transitioning her to the crib or pack n play with the boppy to get her used to the idea of sleeping in her own bed. then after she is comfortable with that then remove the boppy. I had the same issue with my son and that worked pretty well for me.
    kristinmj

Answer by kristinmj at 5:47 PM on May. 20, 2010

• A crib is vast, cold, and flat. Remedy that and the transition will be better. OR you can do what we do and set up the crib side car style next to your bed.  http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/ 

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:27 PM on May. 20, 2010

• By the way for others, cosleeping is fine but it must be done safely. A baby should never be put to sleep in a boppy whether you cosleep or not. It's a suffocation hazard.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:28 PM on May. 20, 2010