Thin Cervix at 27 weeks

I went for my 27 week check up yesterday ...I told the nurse that i was having a lot of Braxton Hicks the night before . I could hardly stand from pelvic pain as well . It pretty much comes and goes ,the braxton hicks stopped now. Anyway the doctor did an internal exam and said I was thinning out ,I was also put on a machine to check for contractions. Which I had none, I will be having my third c-section in about 9-10 weeks . Should I be worried about preterm labor ? Or anything else for that matter ..

Thank You !

Haven30

Asked by Haven30 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The best thing you can do is take it easy and not worry about it at all. Stress is a big no no when worried about pre-term labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i am surpeised your doctor didnt tell you to take it easy or to be on bed rest - a thin cervix can definentally cause early labor!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• She told me to take it easy ,I'm a stay at home mom of a 3 and almost 5 year old ..I sit down as much as possible ,sometimes it's hard though .
    Haven30

Answer by Haven30 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• hey i had 1 of my kids 1 month exactly early and 1 2 weeks early and everything was fine as far as preterm, im prego now also for the 3rd time and c-section. ooh...
    lillygabesmom

Answer by lillygabesmom at 4:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• oo... and if it does get bad,or what your doctor thinks is bad, they should put you in the hospital, they'll give you meds to stop the delivery so soon, too
    lillygabesmom

Answer by lillygabesmom at 4:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2008