Is this considered a hit and run?

I am going outside of my apartment to leave and I had to tell whoever was parked behind me to move. Well once she finally does she hits a parked truck. She pulls up a little and then gets out. Looks to see if there is any damage and then takes off. I got her license plate #. I told the owner what happened and since he did not have a phone & does not speak that well asked if I would call the cops so he can report it. So I did and asked the lady if she could get someone out here that spoke Spanish since I had to leave to pick up children from school but would be back to give my statement to the cop. Once I got back and told the cop what happened, my other neighbor came out yelling at me and telling me it was not a hit and run. Which I think it was.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes it most certainly was. You did the right thing.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:06 PM on May. 20, 2010

• yes it was and you did the right thing....
    Anonymous

• Yes it was. She left the scene of an accident which is illegal. If it wasn't a hit and run the police wouldn't have been taking statements.
    Anonymous

• Well ... she hit a car and left - at least she bothered to stop and look for damage. I don't know that I would have called the cops if there was no damage to either vehicle, though. I mean, there is a difference between smashing into a car and just tapping it or scraping off some bumper paint while you're backing up or maneuvering around it. At the very least, she should have left a note or contacted the other guy directly if she knew where he lived.

**OP here** There was damage to the other vehicle. She also moved(just the back end) the truck with her car about 6 inches. Even the cop said it was a hit and run.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it was totally a hit and run. She's just mad she got caught.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:46 PM on May. 20, 2010