What do you do when your dd acts like a drama queen?!?

I hate when she acts this way she cries foe EVERYTHING & ANYTHING sometimes I can handle her but right now I just want her to stop. For now I am just ignoring her but later I am going to beat her butt...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on May. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son got bad one day and I made his two sisters come sit on the couch with me so we could give him a real "audience". I told him that now he has our attention, to be as dramatic as he wants. He stopped and we got on with our day. He never did it again.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:59 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I tell her that she can cry blood and I won't give in to what she wants. If she is crying so loud, she has to stay in her room where her voice wouldn't irk me as much.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 1:51 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I tell my daughter that she's being overly dramatic and it won't get her anywhere but sent to her room. If she continues she gets sent to her room until she can calm down. At 7 she is finally chilling out a bit, but personality-wise she is just more dramatic and sensitive than other kids. I've come to accept that but try to temper it with giving her the tools to calm herself down and realize when she's being dramatic.
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 1:53 PM on May. 21, 2010