what do you think about me spending 130 dollars on my daughters presents for her first bday? how much did you spend? or what is your spending limits for birthdays

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 4:54 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I spent quite a bit on the party. Food, drinks, decorations, cake etc..
    As for the gifts, I got him some books and a couple of toys but nothing too expensive.

He may not remember his first birthday party, but I sure as heck do and it was a blast. He'll look at the photos from it when he's older and see how much fun it was.

If you can afford it and it makes you happy, then go for it :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:15 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Wow! What did you get her?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I spent about $10 on a cupcake, and some dollar store foam books. Why would you spend that much money on a kid that would be way happier banging on a pot with a wooden spoon.
    Anonymous

• Sorry. That's just too extravagant imho for a 1st birthday unless you bought her savings bonds

Answer by admckenzie at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Do it! I'm painting my dd's room and giving her a bedroom set for her 4th b-day. She's also getting a party cause she never had one.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I got her alot of books,a few things for her room,a couple of toys,and some summer outfits,now all we need is the decorations food,and the cake and were good to go
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:58 PM on May. 20, 2010

• How old is she?

I spend a TON of money on my DD. She is the only child we have, and it doesn't effect our budget/bills if we spend a lot on her. Her birthday is actually this weekend and I spent more than that on one gift..

No one's opinion really matters but your own.
    Anonymous

• Oh, sorry I missed the "first birthday" part.
    Anonymous

• Why would you spend that much money on a kid that would be way happier banging on a pot with a wooden spoon.

because my daughter is not amused with banging a spoon on a pan.shes actually very advanced for her age and likes things she can study and figure out,alot of the things I got her arent even for the toddler age group
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I got my daughter a 4 wheeler for her 1st birthday. It is the one that only goes up to 2mph, but she loves it!! We also spent quite a bit on her birthday party- we had a BBQ with about 60 people and we rented a water slide for the day.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:03 PM on May. 20, 2010