What do you think of play guns?

we were eating agt the mall today and this little kid had a belt on with a toy gun in it and a knife-I'm sure he begged his Mom to let him wear it

I didn't think that was appropriate to wear tothe mall, esp after he pointed the gun at my three year old who I have tried to teach not to point guns at people. we play guns but we dont point them at people

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't really like them.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• The toy itself was fine...it's the thought that she didn't teach him not to point it at people...my son knew better.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• We don't have a problem with guns. Now, I wouldn't let him wear them out in public. And we don't shoot people either.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:02 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I have never liked them. I never allowed my son to have toy guns or knives. There's enough violence in the world, and I don't want my son thinking it's the solution to a problem.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:12 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I think toys are fine. You don't take them in public though. That's just inappropriate.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 5:33 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree that there isn't a problem with the toys themselves but there is a problem with that boy's mother, or father, not teaching him what is appropriate for play.
    Anonymous

• My boys have toy guns, toy swords, toy knives and toy grenades. It doesnt bother me because we lay down the rules and if they are broken say goodbye to the toy. I boys know better to go around pointing thier toy guns in ppls faces. To the OP: Had that little boy done that to one of mine he and his mom would have heard some very nasty words. And had that been my son (I dont think it ever will be) I woulda reprimanded him right there on the spot and thrown that gun in the nearest trash can.
    I think that the toys are not the problem its the parents who let their kids play with them.
    Anonymous