How many of you tried to induce your own labor?

LOL I have two friends who drank castor oil to induce their own labor, they both got sick as dogs, but also both had their babies within 24 hours.. I know a gal who took prime rose supplements and another who took laxatives.

Personally, I tried walking, sex, jumping jacks.... LOL I even drank three coffees a week before I was due so that my doctor would tell me my BP was too high and would induce me (which didn't work). LOL

What about you, did you try anything crazy to get your baby to come before he/she was ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't and my daughter still came out a month early. I wish she would've stayed in longer, but luckily, she's healthy.
    Anonymous

• I drank castor oil. just had false labor for 4 hours...

I heard laxatives could cause your baby to poop in the womb more easily...I don't know if that's true though.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 4:59 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I tried sex, jumping up and down the stairs, I tried spicy food, chinese food, I gave myself an enema(ugh), took evening primrose, inserted evening primrose(it's supposed to "ripen the cervix"), bumpy car rides,...pretty much everything I could think of an none of them worked.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:59 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I didn't..I prefer to allow my baby all the time it needs to develop. I went into labor 2 days after my EDD.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I tried to induce my own labor to...I really didn't want to have to have pitocinllno thank you! I read on things like spicy food and acpuntner, but decided not to do either of those. Recipe for pain and heart burn..not thanks..I hear eating egg plant parmesan helps, so i ate that (they say withing 48 hours you will give birth after eating it) ironicaly, it did happen, but i really don't think it was the food. I also did lots of squats, and did kind of a bouncing squat almost..lol.
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 5:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes, laxatives are a bad idea as well as caster oil. Both can cause the baby to poop in the womb and it can become toxic and seriously harm the baby.
    It's a risk not worth taking.
    Anonymous

• When your baby is ready to come out, he or she will make its grand entrace! btw I did all those kinds of crazy things too- and none of them worked LOL =)
    Anonymous

• entrance**
    Anonymous

• I tried sex and walking. my son was due on christmas day. my water broke on dec 16th, i couldn't feel contractions. they gave me petosin at 5am to speed everything up. at 8am my contractions were so bad that i had the epidural. then he was born at 10:59am
    Anonymous

• #1, nothing. #2-4, sex. #5, accupressure treatment from my chiropractor proven to put women into labor.

Nothing worked. Nothing.
    Anonymous