deployed husband loosing his mind need prayers please!!!

I really need prayers for my husband he is deployed in afhganistan, and before he left he had just started coming to church with my im a very devoted chirstian and he was just getting closer to god and he got deployed and not being around good influences out there he has lost it, everything with us was going good until this saturday he called saying he wanted a divorce because he would never be able to be a good dad or husband and that he wont be able to stop hurting us and he think if he just leaves us it will be for the best i have tried talking to him and really being supportive of where he is at and that he has too much time to think and its hard where he is im not mad at him im very much a peace with it and i trust god will help us and more than ever will help him, im hurt very hurt so it is hard to hear that so i relly need prayers please for him to help him and our marriage not to end. and if any one has delt withthis

lorenzosgurl

Asked by lorenzosgurl at 5:03 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not the type to pray, but I will give you some advice. Go to the Family Service Center and tell them what your husband is saying. They can get a hold of his command and they can get him the help he so obviously needs. Good luck.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:06 PM on May. 20, 2010

• thank you, do u think it will cause him to get into trouble at all? cause he really needs the help ive been really thinking about talking to his fro and getting him so help.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 5:11 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No he wont get into trouble. They are their to help. It sounds like he does need some couseling. Or maybe your pastor can try talking to him, writting a letter or something. Good luck, and ill keep you in my prayers. :D
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:25 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Your family has my prayers.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:28 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Praying for you and your's.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 5:30 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No, there is no way he could get in trouble for it. He will receive counseling to help him, but he won't get in trouble. They don't want someone to be depressed out there talking like that because that can actually lead to carelessness that could lead to OTHERS getting hurt. They'd much rather get him helped than have a soldier with PTSD commit suicide, endanger his division or kill a bunch of fellow soldiers- or you and the kids when he gets back. That may sound harsh, but it is the reality of it. The military is a strange world to live in. Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:39 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I just wanted to add, I'm wife to a former Marine and lived through a year long deployment to Iraq where he was in hotspots, so if you need someone to talk to about it, I'm around. We're still dealing with injuries he received and with PTSD, so it's really never going to be over.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:42 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I will be praying for you and your husband and children!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:29 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I have a strong Christian friend who's husband is out there too and is coming home soon but I know she understands the seperation. if you want I can get you two connected!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:30 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Its the enemy [d-vil] working on him or at least that is what it sounds like to me. I suggest you tell him to pray to Yahweh every time he gets these nasty thoughts, and I would reassure him that he is very much needed and wanted at home with you and your children. I actually rebuke any thoughts from the evil one once I feel them coming on [or at least try to] some slip past. In the name of his son Yahshua. I too will pray that he grows closer to Yahweh, and realizes that he is fighting a spiritual war alongside the physical one. Yahweh can and will heal him, have faith! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:39 PM on May. 20, 2010