Feeling overwhelmed.... Anyone have any sugestions?

My dh and I are moving from a apartment to a house next week. I work fulltime and he is working two jobs, so we have very tight scheduals. I am trying to find a new job, because I am not happy with the one I have now. But I have to babysit for my sister 2 to 3 days a week with my already busy schedual. And in a week my neice will be done with school and I will have another kid to watch. I am having troubles being able to go to interviews with having extra kids and no time. I tried to tell my sister I am overwhelmed and she just says I have no one else to watch um for free. And I also have my teething 18 month old to care for. What do I do? Need time to breath.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes you need time to breath. As sad as this is to say but sister should find someone else to watch her child, even if she has to pay so you can get the break you need. Its hard when family members take advantage without giving others consideration. Be firm with her and let her know you need a break...good luck
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:14 PM on May. 20, 2010

• i agree with the above poster. look just because they are family does not mean you owe them anything. she needs to take care of her own kids so that you can take care of yourself and your family. i know it is hard but you have to stand up. :(
    good luck girl.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 5:19 PM on May. 20, 2010

• She watches my son for me sometimes, but i try to alternate him with different people so that no one feels overwhelmed. I brought it up to her and she just said she cant aford to pay anyone.
    Anonymous

• Is it the babysitting that is getting to you or the stress of a lot of children? For ME I stay home with my 3 kids (2 are in diapers) and the best thing I could have ever done is joined MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) thye have them in churches across the U.S. It helps you vent to other moms who are dealing with similar issues. It is a support group but also they do fun things-play dates with kids-field trips-mom pampering night-breakfasts-etc.... of I also get out and jog or walk every day! I make sure to sweat-it is the best stress relief and helps with my mental state and feeling happy. Doesn't cost a thing.I think family should be there for family-they are all we have and so I would continue to help your sister as long as she is helping you :) but what you need to do is nice things for yourself! You deserve it! Yes-you can bring the kids along for the ride...get outside!! I promise-it will make u feel better!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 5:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Its not nessasarily too many kids. Its that I work fulltime, and my dh works fulltime and then a second job thats part time. I want a new job, and its already hard to get interviews in between our work scheduals let alone me having to babysit all the time then I have to work around her schedual as well. ON top of that we are moving next week. And my son has more teeth coming in and has had a fever for a few days. Just extremely stressed by everything and could really use a break from babysitting. My son, my dh, and my job are my oblagations. But she makes me feel bad saying that she doesnt have anyone else to do it for her.
    Anonymous

• I just want to say that you are an amazing woman for keeping you sense about you and for being so willing to help out and I really hope you get some "you time" soon so you can find a job you love and relax. Good luck :)
    Anonymous

• Thank you anon. That was very sweet. Not something I hear often.
    Anonymous