9 1/2 month old eating

hi, i had some questions about food portions. my baby has been eating like this:
8am 5 oz formula, 4 tbs oatmeal or barley and gerber 1st stage fruit
12 pm 3 oz formula, 1st stage veggies and either yogurt or veggies w/meat
4pm cereal and fruti again w/cheerios
8pm 9 oz milk

is anyone skipping the 2nd helping of cereal and fruit for a dinner meal like chicken or somethin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think your baby needs a lot more formula...like closer to 30 oz. And then all the food he wants after that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:35 PM on May. 20, 2010

• The recommended formula for that age is 16 to 32oz. If your baby is full and thriving your doing fine.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:39 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree with Bradenismyson. They need about 30oz of formula. I know its expensive but you gotta give them a good amount. Other then that you have a great schedual going on. But you can deff. give him a dinner meal at dinner time.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:39 PM on May. 20, 2010

• at 10 months old, i started the meat & veggie dinner meals for lunch, but i keep cereal & fruit for breakfast & dinner, thats what out DR said. he has alot more then 4 tablespoons though. and my DR said he needs 20-24 oz of formula.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:45 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My son used an entire concentrated can of formula a day. He ate two packets of oatmeal for breakfast. A big bowl of beef stew, some meat and veggies(real) or whatever. Whatever we had for supper minus grease and seasonings like salt. He ate a big bowl of that. By 9.5 months, he could eat an entire kids burger holding it and taking bites. He also was in the 50th percentile for height and weight. I am used to a bigger eater I guess.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:54 PM on May. 20, 2010

• By 8 months my son was eating whatever we had for supper, but he was completely on table food too. As long as he has a balanced diet, he's fine.

Answer by missanc at 7:31 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My son is 9 months, he gets 3 stage 3 jars a day (mostly with cereal) and the formula amount varies, but usually it's 4-6 oz 2 times a day and an 8 oz bottle at night, with no baby food. He's also starting on some table foods.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:54 PM on May. 20, 2010

• At 9.5 months old, my babies were drinking 32 of formula a day, minimum, and eating mostly table food - they didn't want anything to do with baby cereal anymore and even the 3rd stage fruits just didn't do it for them. Your baby is only taking 17oz of formula a day - not nearly enought. Formula is more important than solids up until their 1st birthday. A typical day was 8oz bottle upon waking, snack & sippy around 9 or 10, nap, lunch of table foods around 12, 8oz bottle around 1 or 2, nap, snack & sippy around 4, supper of table foods around 6 or 7, 8oz bottle around 8 and bedtime. My babies were barely 20 lbs so it wasn't like they were overeating either. Up the formula, don't give it at mealtimes along with the solids, give it about an hour before "meals".
    Anonymous

• More formula. Formula first, solids second. And you can skip the baby food. There is very little substance left in processed baby food and they don't taste so good. Just go table food...fruits and veggies. You don't need to give cereal at all...cereals aren't digested well anyway and takes up space that is better filled with formula.

Solid food before one is just for fun, not nutrition
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:24 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My son drinks 16 to 24oz a day and the doctor says its perfect. Hes a healthy 22lb at ten months.
    Anonymous