How soon did your babies eyes change?

My daughter was born with BLUE eyes and we waited and waited for them to change (I have dark hazel, her dad has DARK DARK brown) She's now 3.5 and still has the amazing blue eyes. I just had a son 7 weeks ago (different dad) and am just curious when we will see the change..(if it happens)

SaraNRiley

Asked by SaraNRiley at 5:46 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im right there with you!! i have light brown my husband has dark brown an my son has blue! blue runs in my side but gee im wondering if they will change to ... they are so pretty though! :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 6:12 PM on May. 20, 2010

• a lot of babies are born with blue eyes... most will change- unless that is the color they are determined to be... my son is 4 1/2 months old and was born with blue eyes... I have hazel(more greenish) eyes and my hubby has brown (his dad is the one with the blue eyes) so we were waiting to change and they havent yet =)
    Anonymous

• DD was born with dark gray eyes that have GRADUALLY turned brown, it's taken about 2 years to change all the way. I have brown eyes and DH has bright green.
    Anonymous

• I've heard of eyes changing any time from infant to adult. I think it's obviously a lot more common for them to change in the 1st year or 2 but mine changed during my pregnancy and never went back! It's the weirdest thing... I used to have dark brown eyes and now they're like a honey brown. My best friend and sister both noticed it too. Other people ave noticed once I say something but my sister and BFF both looked at me one day and said OMG your eyes are different.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:39 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Ususally they will change by 8 mos.
    Anonymous

• I read that in most cases they are the color they are going to stay on thier 7 month birthday, but they can change shades till two.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:19 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My son was born with black eyes(yeah, like demonic black) and he is WHITE!!!! LOL They changed to Hershey's chocolate brown by two and are slowly turning a brown/green color now at 14.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:15 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My daughter is 9 months and her eyes never changed. My eyes are blue, my husband's are hazel, and my daughter's seem to be brown. I thought for sure they would lighten up and be hazel, but so far, no. It's kind of weird because none of her grandparents have brown eyes, either. Brown eyes aren't until her great grandparents.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:16 PM on May. 20, 2010

• all of my kids were born with that wierd grey color eyes.... the first his eyes turned blue so there wasn't much change. the second his turned brown by the second day and my third her eyes turned brown in a couple of weeks. i'm hoping she will go to hazel though. my bf said his eyes were always changing for the whole first year and it used to freak out his mother lol (he has green/hazel eyes)
    Anonymous

• My son is 10 months and he still has the most amazing blue eyes! His daddy has blue eyes so his might not change!
    Oliversmommy125

Answer by Oliversmommy125 at 11:47 AM on May. 21, 2010