Did anyone find moving in together to be a difficult adjustment?

When I was with my ex every place we lived we moved in together. When we had our first place we moved in together because the lease was up on his apartment and my room mate had recently had her boyfriend move in so we both sort of had to move (well he had to but I wanted to) so there was never really an adjustment because it was never his place alone or mine. I have my own place now, with my two kids, and my fiance lives with us off and on based on his work schedule but after 8 months together we decided he'd pack up and leave the city to move into the suburbs with me at my house at the end of July. Now I'll have to change from what has been mine, and only mine, for two years into something that is ours. I'm excited and thrilled that he'll finally live here all the time but a little worried about what may change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• My now hubby moved in with me and my son. It was an adjustment of course but it wasn't difficult at all. We waited until we knew we were serious so it was just natural to us.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 5:54 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes it was difficult both times that I did. I had a hard time adjusting to his roommates and the disgusting filth of a bachelor pad (both of my serious relationships were like this). I did get things straightened out and with the most recent of my relationships (7 1/2 years later) we have moved into a place of our own and we will be moving again in a few months. I hope it all goes well for you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:33 PM on May. 20, 2010