True or False: My OB always has my/my babies best interest in mind.

I would say true because my OB is very cautious and always informs me on every move he makes. He asks my opinions and lets me know how safe/unsafe everything is.

What would you say about your OB?

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 6:05 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The OB I had with my oldest I would say NO. He had his bottom line and his time in mind when I delivered my baby.

The midwife I had for the other two, definitely True! She was wonderful and very helpful and I had easy uneventful labors.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:08 PM on May. 20, 2010

• i would say for me, false. i would say unfortunately, for most of them the bottom line is law suit avoidance. it is understandable, they have the highest or 2nd highest malpractice insurance rates.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• for my ob YES! my last ob with my daughter,...um definite NO!! but i found an awesome ob this time and i love her! me and my twins are in good hands.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 6:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I'd say true for mine. He's really a great doctor, though. He's very old-school in that he has the lowest rate of c-sections and inductions and won't do either unless they really are medically necessary. And he's really very accepting of his patients' desires when it comes to the birth process. And his nurse is fantastic too. She's always really good about getting back to me within like an hour of leaving a message during working hours.
    Anonymous

• false for both i had. they knew my name by the chart, if it wasn't for that, they wouldn't have remembered me at all.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:14 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Mine was great! He always greeted my and my husband by name and shared stories of his own children with us. He supported us in every decision we made but always let us know his professional opinion also. When my baby was almost 2 weeks past due, I went in for a non stress test which showed my son as having close to no fluid left in there. I was still waiting for him to arrive at the hospital for about 2 hours after that in which he explained upon arrival that he called every expert he knew to see how dangerous it would be to give me the birth I wanted (all natural) and then his eyes welled up with tears when he told me he had to recomend a c section. I was in the hospital for three days and he came in on his day off dressed in street clothes just to check in and see how I was doing and tell me good job. (There was an on call Dr. taking care of me already)
    We have moved since then, I wish I could have brought him with!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:33 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes, absolutely and I have had many OB's since we were an Air Force family and got transfered all the time. :-) They were great and there were no problems. I think they DO have your best interest at heart and that of your baby.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:34 PM on May. 20, 2010

• mines sucked, shes just in the business for the money. after my baby was born i switched OB's
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:40 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I had 3 different OB's. My first one was the ONLY one who gave a rip about me and my child.

The second one only cared about not being bothered and me losing weight while pregnant(he was for it).
    The third one was just concerned about getting extra money out of me that my insurance company refused to give him.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:58 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My OB yes - though the doctor who delivered my first born wasn't my regular OB. My OB had an emergency and my labor was going very slowly even after two days of induction drugs and then they broke my water and it got harder on me but the nurses were telling me it was still a very long way off so I demanded a c-section and the OB on call argued with me. I kept telling her there was something wrong and finally she agreed to do it and while I was in recovery she came in and told me I made the right choice. Apparently there was something wrong and if I had pushed my daughter out it's likely that a serious complication would have occured and both our lives would've been in serious jeopardy and then she walked out of the room.
    Anonymous