mom has deputy pretend to arrest 5yearold?!

DO you think she took it to far?

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 6:47 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:48 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I have mixed feelings with this. Maybe a 7, 8, or 9 year old, but with a 5 year old, I don't know. I bet he will never play with matches again, but if this was the first and only time he had done this, then I do think she took it to the extreme. However, if this had been on going and she tried other things first and then felt she needed to really get his attention, then I think she did what she had to do.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:58 PM on May. 20, 2010

• LOL I know someone who had her 14 year old sent to juvy over night and he straightened up his behavior then and there.

But at 5... eeeeh...
    Anonymous

• I wish my cousin had done this with her kids. Maybe they wouldn't have played with matches that second time and burned the house down, killing all of them. They didn't listen, grabbed the matches again, while she was asleep (4 am) and hid in a closet with them. The result: my cousin, her 2 kids (5 & 7), her husband, both dogs, dead, and the houses on both sides of theirs destroyed, with one other child so badly injured she still can't walk without help.
    Anonymous

• I wish my uncle and aunt had thought of this. If they had done the same thing maybe their 5 yo wouldn't have burnt down the garage. I'm so sorry for you loss Anon :12. At the age of 5 my cousin was a pyromaniac. I don't think that she took it to far especially if this had happened more than once.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:20 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I saw that I think she went too far, this is a little boy who needs dicipline and structure not terror and a memory so terryfing that will last him a life time. This will come back to haunt her in the future.

Answer by older at 7:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• For playing with matches -- no, she didn't take it too far. As Anon :12's case clearly shows, you cannot underplay the danger of fire and matches to a child. This is a case where there are no second chances.

I, too, am very sorry for your loss, Anon :12.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No biggie, and it doesn't scar you for life. At best it's an interesting tidbit for conversation when you grow up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:21 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I think it was right on the money....hopefully he thinks about it next time...and anon,I am sorry to hear for your loss :(
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:55 PM on May. 20, 2010

• It is better than the child starting a fire that could kill. I am glad that mom did what she felt she needed to do to protect her child and herself. I kinda wish more parents would be proactive like this, to let their headstrong children know what is what. That boy is not going to be scarred for life, and I doubt that he will need psychiatric care after this, but he will remember not to play with lighters and matches.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:30 PM on May. 20, 2010