breastfeeding 5 months later..

so ill start from the begining.. my son was breastfeed for a while an since he was throwing up alot we were told to try formula.. formula did not agree with him at all ( the normal regular kind) so we then went to gentleease.. that made the problem worse! so we then went to soy.. boy that was just horrible! so we were told to go onto nutramigen... which is working amazing..

well getting to the point.. today we had a WIC appointment an they told me that my son can have breastmilk if hes taking nutramigen well... which i said how can i? i have nothing left... they said just try an your milk will come back..

to the question! have any of you ladies formula fed an then 5 months later breastfeed because they said it could still be done? what was your outcome.. i was to try this.. but id like some others imput if youve done this! :)

akalei

Asked by akalei at 7:08 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i want to try this*
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 7:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I didn't completely dry up, but I was weaning my baby and down to one feeding a day (very similar situation) and my milk came back full force, just my nursing first.

But keep in mind the people at WIC are IDIOTS, so I would do some more research before making a decision.
    Anonymous

• If moms who adopt can breastfeed then why can't you. You will have to let the baby nurse regularly until your milk comes back in. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:13 PM on May. 20, 2010

• thank you ladies! :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 7:16 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You can do it! Our bodies are amazing and like the PP said... if adoptive moms can do it, I am sure you can too. Good luck and make sure to put him to the breast a lot!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:21 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Google relactation. YES< it can be done as long as you still have breasts. Adoptive moms who've never been pregnant can breastfeed!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:29 PM on May. 20, 2010

• YES YOU CAN
    and fire the idiot who told you to try formula
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:39 PM on May. 20, 2010