His hairline is beginning to recede..

He knows it, I know it, anyone who can look at him knows it
its not like he is in denial but he is sad

I suggested that maybe he not line-up his hair in the front anymore, just let the front hair line grow as normal and keep it trimmed, try not to irritate the scalp basically...he took offense to this, he is getting super sensitive over it now...like maybe he is noticing it more

he's only 23, its not awful but noticable because he has dark thick hair usually

He is just going to cut it really short from now on, and when it gets unbarable he says he will shave it off soon. which I have also seen... My friends DF shaves his hair off since I met him 3 years ago...when he was 24
my dad has had his hair bald since he was 27
my cousin since he was 22
all for the same reason

what do you ladies think?
how does your SO wear his if it is receding?
ideas on how to make him not feel OLD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DH's hair started receding when he was 18. He is 26 now and is about 1/3 bald. He shaves it now. He got tired of fighting it and looking at it.

It took me about a week to get used to the shaved (and I mean razor-shaved. He's always buzzed it.) head. Now I like it, and he's more comfortable.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:41 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Rogain?
    He shouldnt feel bad about the natural course of things and should see you're only trying to be supportive and helpful, not trying to hurt his feelings.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 7:21 PM on May. 20, 2010

• seriously, get him some rogain. it works for some men. my dh wears his short and combed forward. it's what his hair naturaly does. but if he pushes it back it's obvious he is losing some hair in the front, and he is 23. he doesnt worry about it too much though, he says i'm the only one that matters and i love him no matter what he looks like.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:21 PM on May. 20, 2010

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:22 PM on May. 20, 2010

• There are natural alternatives to Rogaine. I've not tried them, but I know of them. He should keep the rest of his hair trimmed short.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My SO is balding... OK, thinning... His dad did around 30 as well, and never went completely bald, just had a very thin patch. So did his paw paw. Meh, it's hair. That's how I feel about it. Fortunately he's not TOO sensitive about it, and definitely not vain.
    My older brother shaves his as well- once the widows peaks began to show, he cropped it all off.

All you can do is let him know you're not bothered by it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:31 PM on May. 20, 2010