help!!!!!!

ok....im a mother of two and i have a mirena.....i think thats how it is spelled.....anyway my daughter is nine months and i got mirena 6 weeks after i had her. i know when you are pregnant you have yellowish puss like stuff come out of your nipples.....but i have mirena and its coming out now.....i just noticed yesterday and we havent been using protection at all....could i be pregnant? or could this be a symptom of something else?

mommyof2inla

Asked by mommyof2inla at 7:23 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The hormone used in Mirena is a "progestin", meaning (not literally) FOR pregnancy. It tricks your body into thinking that it is pregnant already, to suppress ovulation. So, "side effects" of progestins are things that can mimic pregnancy, and colustrum type nipple discharge is one of those.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• call your doc and ask them.
    Anonymous

• I never had pus stuff come out with either of my pregnancies.

I would check with your Dr, its possible to get pregnant with any type of contraception, only abstinence is 100% safe. But if you are, having the mirena can be dangerous, so you need to get checked.

The pus could be a sign that your hormones are off. If you are not pregnant, maybe you need to have some blood work done. :)

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:26 PM on May. 20, 2010

• If you are on Mirena then you are using protection...right? It's possible to get pregnant on any form of birth control.
    Anonymous

• im not talking about that not being protection im saying hes not using a condom...
    mommyof2inla

Answer by mommyof2inla at 7:27 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would say deff possible... there have been soooooo many women on here stating they have gotten pregnant even though they had Mirena... Really from everybody on here i don't think I would get it because it doesn't seem to be that trustworthy to me!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:47 PM on May. 20, 2010

• omg thank you so much i was so scared!!!!
    mommyof2inla

Answer by mommyof2inla at 8:22 PM on May. 20, 2010