How do you balance dating and being a single mom?

Last time my DD was a little baby and it wasn't that big of a deal. Now, she's older and smarter and I really don't want her involved until I'm sure this time is going to last(however, you find that one out). I have her everyday except everyother weekend, her dad gets her Friday and I get her back early Sunday. Up to this point I haven't even dated, basically there was no one I cared to. Well I had a great weekend with a guy I really like and I really want to see him again, but I don't want to give up time with my dd. I get the single mommy guilt over it. Plus he has a DD he only gets 4 days(not the same 4) and I don't want him to think I'm choosing him over DD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I really have nothing interesting to say other than I'm trying to figure it out too.
    I just want to spend so much time with DD that I don't really want to date. I WANT to find a good person for us, but I'm not ready to leave her while I go on a date or anything. I feel guilty leaving her while she is awake b/c I feel like I need that time with her. Part of me thinks I'm ready and part of me doesn't. If you find out a good way to juggle it, fill me in. lol.
    good luck.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My kids were 4, 6, and 8 when I was single and dating. I only dated when they were at their dad's house, or on great occasion I would get a sitter and go out late at night shortly before or after their bedtime (8 pm) for a late supper. It definitely ensured that I took things slow with anyone I dated, because I couldn't spend tons of time with them especially at the beginning. I also found out pretty quickly that it was easier to date guys who didn't have kids - not that I totally excluded them, it was just much harder to find times that worked for both of us.
    But because I took it very slowly, my kids only met one man that I dated and he is now my husband. I never wanted them having men coming in and out of their life so I made sure that never happened.

Answer by missanc at 7:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would want a man to think and expect that i would choose my child over him. You can spend time with your child and have your new friend come along or you can also have him over once your DD goes to bed. You need to find the time for a relationship if that's what you want from him and you will always be your DD momma.

Anonymous

• well until u know eachothwer well enought to bring your kids around eachother you guys have to sit down every week ahead of time and look at eachothers schedules! keep into consideration the kids schedules and your job schedules! you might find some hidden tmie to run and get some icecream together! it all just depends on how much u like the guy!!!!!!!!!! it wont be easy!
    innocentmyworld

Answer by innocentmyworld at 8:36 PM on May. 20, 2010