Should I approch this differently??

My 2yr old DS has "discovered" himself and had always had his hands down his pants, then I made a deal with him. I told him that it was ok to do that but only when he was in his room by himself, and since then it has been workinng out pretty good, he doesnt do it in public, at others ppls home; just in his room. Well I told my DH about the deal I made with our son but if DH walks by DS room and DS has his hands down hid pants my DH will yell at him to get his hands out of there. I would try to tell DH that it was ok but he still does this. How can I get it thru to him? Or should I go about another way with my DS??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You are correct. DH is dead wrong. That will cause issues. I was one of those kids...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:10 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Your DH needs to learn to respect the agreement that you have with your son.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:14 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree, your DH is wrong. Little kids will always play with themselves and you did the EXACTLY right thing by telling him it was okay, but he could only do it when he was alone. You need to tell your DH to just live with it because you want your child to be happy with his body and not think that any part of him is wrong or icky.
    Anonymous