Anyone know the recovery time for a surgery (one tube being put in the ear) for a ten year old?

I know it's a quick surgery, just seeing if anyone else has dealt with this and any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My five year old was out of there within a half hour. It's not so much recovering from the surgery itself as it is making sure there are no adverse reactions to the anesthesia. 

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:13 PM on May. 20, 2010

• do you recommend rest and relaxation for the rest of the day. How did your son feel throughout the day and night? how was he the next day?
    Anonymous

• My daughter had it at 5 also, they are so resilient, I would say yes to rest and relaxation throughout the day. Play it by ear and see how he feels, just don't let him over do it.

Answer by older at 8:18 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Well yes of course rest for the remainder of the day. Even though he was awake, anesthesia was still in his body making him groggy. Your son will know what he feels like doing if anything. Let him take the lead and don't push him too much.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:21 PM on May. 20, 2010