Has anyone sucessfully quit smoking?

I am really wanting to quit smoking. I have tried cold turkey, but have a lot of stress and things going on right now I was unsuccessful with it. I am going to the doctor in a few weeks to try a perscription to help me quit. Has anyone used anything that works. Please let me know.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 9:10 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Health

• my husband, a former over the road truck driver, just quit this year
    he was a smoker since age 14 or 15 and he's 32 now.

he used quit plan and the patch.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:11 PM on May. 20, 2010

• yes 5 yrs now! I quit when we had the most stress,and at christmas time we were flat broke and i was hospitalized with severe pneumonia,we had no health insurance and no money for gifts for my four children. cold turkey is the only way to quit, and I do not nor will i ever go back~
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:19 PM on May. 20, 2010

• im in the same situation as you. i live in NY, and they have this NY quit smoking hotline where you can call get free help. so im getting some of the gum mailed to me, im gonna see if that works. i heard the chantax works for some people but that it gives you really crazy dreams.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:26 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I quit simply because my stepsons have terrible asthma!! I would take a drag here or there if I was at my moms or somewhere that people were smoking. That was until I smoked almost 1/2 a pack in one night after not smoking at all for about 4 weeks and got sick. I have not touched one since!!!I was 13 when I started and 23 when i quit!!!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:11 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I quit after smoking for about 7-8 years.I was a 1 1/2 pack a day.I just quit cold turkey.I am so glad I did.My fil passed away last june from lung cancer.He had tried quitting so many times.GL on quitting.
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 3:24 AM on May. 22, 2010