Are your kids overweight?

Are they over weight? Why? How much over weight? Are you afraid for their health?

Strssdmom72

Asked by Strssdmom72 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Health

• Nope.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• no mine arent over weight but i have a friend whos son is 5 and is almost 80lbs(well he was.. i think hes lost some weight tho) if its a BIG CONCERN for his health the ped will tell you.
    Sunnysidemama

Answer by Sunnysidemama at 4:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My DD in my opinion is NOT over weight, but she is a 2 lbs higher then she should be for her HEIGHT..and has been that way for a while.

If it was more then 2lb the Dr would be worried, but because she is 2lb over weight for her height the stupid BMI chart said she's over weight, but when you look at her she not chubby or flabby....

My Dr said she's healthy all the way around, including weight and that I don't have to worry about it at this point.... So I don't...

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• No
    monica527

Answer by monica527 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• one is we just have her do a sport she wants to and we eat all organic foods we switched and it helps
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• The leading cause of overweight children is too much TV. It makes them hungry when they are not, makes them crave fatty foods, and does not provide any exercise at all.
    There are no reasons why a child should be overweight and if one is that is the parents fault (unless they have certian healthy problems and diseases)
    It is our job as mothers to teavh our children healthy eating habits along with exercise. The best way we can do that is by example, but if we are too hard on ourselves our children will pick that up too and might obsess about their weight too. So just being healthy is the best thing we can do.
    We have never in history had so many overweight children and we also have not had so many young children who have eating disorders and weight obsession. That says a whole lot about the society in which we live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I really wanted to know, because I have one child that is extremely skinny. He eats and in fact he is eating like a horse lately, but doesn't gain any weight.

Then I have another one, my DD, and she is not fat, but she borders on chunky at times. We have had to cut out fast food all together. She refuses to eat meals, but always wants snacks. I don't offer her snacks unless she eats her meals, but how do I get her to eat something other than snacks and fast food? I fear that she will have eating problems when she is older!
    Strssdmom72

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2008