• In the Spotlight:

what would you do?

Here's the story, I went to starbucks today and my starbucks card did not have enough $ on it to cover the coffee and scone. I told her to cancel the scone and went to hand it back to her, she said "just keep it, as we would have to throw it out anyway". So I kept it. (and no I did not have cash or a different credit card on me to cover the order). Then later today I was looking at my starbucks card online and noticed they did not charge the coffee on it. I am thinking of going back tomorrow morning explain what happened and pay. So my question is-- what would you do? Would you go in tomorrow and pay or would you just accept it as 'free' and forget it? NO bashing please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Let it go. She just gave you it all for free and they can do that. Are you a regular customer? If so, that may be why they did so. Next time you are there, leave a nice tip.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on May. 20, 2010

• OP-- continued------
    Oh by pay I mean pay for all of it- -coffee and scone.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't feel bad about it.... .like she said it would be trash anyway
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:33 PM on May. 20, 2010

• id let it go. it would have been trash, and a few dollars is not gonna hurt star bucks.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:38 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would go back and pay for both...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Heh, I'm bad, I wouldn't worry about it - that stuff's so expensive anyway I'd consider it my "but 20 get 1 free" bonus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 21, 2010

• If you can afford to go back and pay, then I would. If you are on hard times and can't pay, I would be thankful and then donate something I could afford to do with out to help someone else (pay it forward type of thing).

I had a woman give me a whole bunch of girls' clothes. I had 2 daughters, 3.5 yr old and 5 month old. I was super thankful. I also have a son, so we pass down his clothes as he outgrows them to someone else who needs them.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:29 PM on May. 21, 2010