Elbowed in the stomach while pregnant?

Today I was hit with a flying elbow in my lung, upper stomach, rib area, and I feel like I've cracked a rib. I am 8 weeks pregnant. Could this of hurt my baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, not really. you probably have a bruised rib. your uterus is still pretty small now.... not even up to your belly button.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:39 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You are mostly likely fine. At 8 weeks your baby is sooooooo small that you would have to have some serous trauma to you uterus area for it to cause something to happen. I know women who have fallen flat on their stomachs at like 30 weeks pregnant and their babies were okay.
    Anonymous

• Its probably okay. If your rib is broken there really isnt much they can do anyway. I would make an appt for the doctor in the morning and see what they can do. A doctors opinion is necessary in this one though.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone for the responses! I'm just so worried...I saw my beautiful little one yesterday on u/s, I'm so scared of having another m/c. Also, the reason I think my rib is cracked is because it feels like someone is stabbing it with a knife in the front, and it feels like a dislocated shoulder feels like in the back.
    Anonymous

• you should go to the hospital to get that rib checked out! Also to check on the baby....he/she is probably ok though like the other posts stated your baby is so small and has alot of protection that he/she is probably fine but you might still wanna get checked out for peace of mind.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:45 AM on May. 21, 2010