Talking to his exs??

He tells me that I am invading his privacy. That I am going to lose him. I look at his phone record that is how I found out.He was talking to his exs girlfriends. Am I wrong for doing this. Should I not be pissed off. That I am trippen. But seriously what do they have to talk about. They have no children. Help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like he is being defensive cause he is hidings something. if nothin was going on with the ex's he 1) wouldnt be talking to them in the first place or 2) he would of told you from the get go he was talkin to them and why and what was said.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:49 PM on May. 20, 2010

• imo there is only one reason you talk to your exs. my dh knows that i will go through his phone anytime i please, and he has the same right on my phone. he should have nothing to hide.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:49 PM on May. 20, 2010

• It is possible to be friends with an ex. Just because you don't like them romantically doesn't mean you can't be friends. I'm still friends with several of my exes. My husband is still friends with a few of his.
    Anonymous

• If he's talking to his xs and he has no children with them, I can almost guarentee something is going on. Don't be the fool like I was and ignore all the signs that are right in front of your face.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Well how long ago were they together? If it has been a long time maybe they are just friends. Oh and why did they break up? I myself have a friend who was a boyfriend in high school and That was 7 years ago. We are friends. he has a long time GF and I have my SO. No biggie. I know my SO talks to one ex that he didn't have kids with. WE are both friends with the boys mom. In fact right now I am living with her(long story) they were together almost 9 years ago. We got together almost 7 years ago and our kids are siblings. But his ex that he is friends with that doesn't have children by him went out ages ago(he's31) And their friends and she's married and has a baby and we are together and have a child so. I would ask these questions.

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• It would be alright if he wanted to be friends with them. I just don't understand the reason of being sneaky and erasing text messages. So on and so on. If it was just friendly shit why hide it. You know what I am saying>
    Anonymous

• good point delilah but if they were just friends he should of told the OP he was talkin to them, she shouldnt of found out by lookin at the phone bill. my husband and i are friends with some of our exs and we talk to them all the time. i know his exs and he knows mine and we talk to each others exs and hang out with each others exs. BUT if i found he was sneekin around behind my back talkin to an ex i didnt know then i can damn well guarantee he will have hell to pay, and vice versa if i snuck around and talked to an ex he didnt know..yeah id be in hella trouble. if there isnt trust in a relationship there isnt much left, and sounds like to me he is hiding something otherwise OP would of known he was talkin to them by him tellin her he was.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• goth I see your point, however, maybe she is a jealous type (sorry that is king of how it seems) and he knew she would get all upset. Not a great idea obviously but I can kind of see his side on this!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I think communication is key here. My boyfriend is friends with some of his exes, as I am friends with some of mine. It is possible to remain friends, depending on the circumstances of the break up. The difference is neither of us makes any attempt to hide those friendships. We are both completely honest and open with each other, about this and everything else. I don't have to sneak and check his phone records, he will just show me or tell me. I think you need to talk to him and explain to him why you felt the need to check his records. And he needs to realize that hiding this makes him look guilty of something. You also need to realize that he is entitled to a certain amount of privacy, while he needs to realize you need a certain level of disclosure to feel secure. You two have got to talk about this, calmly. Be honest, show him how you feel. Don't yell or accuse, but be honest. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:06 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I tell him everything I keep no secrets. He has friends that are girls and I have no problems with them. He just likes to be sneaky for no reason
    Anonymous